There are many reasons why teeth can become yellow or stained. Although we appreciate every smile at Greentree, we also understand that sometimes you would like to see your teeth brighter and whiter. That is why we are offering Spring deals on at-home whitening!
How do teeth become stained?
There are numerous reasons why teeth may change color. Age and oral injuries can cause teeth to change color because of the impact they have on the dentin of the teeth. Some medications can also darken teeth (which you can read more about in this article). The exterior enamel of teeth commonly becomes stained from dark acidic beverages such as coffee, black tea, and red wine. The tar and nicotine of tobacco products can also yellow teeth.
Are there risks to teeth whitening?
- Some people report increased tooth sensitivity or minor gum irritations after whitening. Typically these issues resolve within the first few days after whitening.
- The American Dental Association states that “Overuse of whiteners can also damage the tooth enamel or gums, so be sure to follow directions and talk to your dentist.”
- Whitening typically does not harm teeth in any lasting way if dentist recommendations are followed, but sometimes there are stains that are more resistant to bleaching (read more in this Cleveland Clinic article). Thankfully, our dentists are fully capable of offering alternative solutions for any stubborn stains.
What are the Spring deals at Greentree?
We are currently offering discounts on two different whitening systems.
- Opalescence 10-Week Whitening Trays for $59 - These preloaded trays from Opalescence allow you to grab your whitener and go! No impressions needed.
- Custom Whitening Trays for $198 - These trays are custom made to perfectly fit your smile. This allows the whitener to make maximum contact with each tooth and achieve the optimal result.
Take advantage of this unique offer on two great ways to brighten your smile this Spring. Call us today at (614) 459-5511 for more information or to make your next appointment today!